I really, really should have done this earlier.
I believe an apology is in order.
Nathan left about a week and a half ago, and I have yet to blog at all about the trip. This is a travesty of unparalleled proportions. I apologize to all those who have suffered dissapointment at my lack up a substantial update when something quite substantial was actually occurring.
Nathan was here! Great times were had! And I'm going to blog about them right now, with the kind of hazy memory that a week and a half brings.
Nathan arrived well before my school let the students out. As such, as I left the school building to get picked up, I found an already mentally and emotionally scarred shell of the Nathan I used to know. "It wasn't really THAT bad, Josh", a Natan wrought with desperate denial replied as I inquired about his state of being.
It just got worse as time went on. He spent hours STARING at glowing boxes, inert except for intended-to-be-witty quips, trying to cope with his situation using humor. It didn't work. Every night, he would slip into an unconscious state, sometimes for hours. Equally long were the periods during which he experienced loss of apetite, usually right after lunch. In short, it was traumatic for all of us. He would shoot off nonsense, like "This isn't so bad" and "I'm having fun" the whole time. He just couldn't deal.
What? You want PICTURES of this man's decline into insanity? I suppose you fancy yourself a sadist. Alright. They're pretty much all from the Aquarium and the zoo, the latter of which I am shocked to find did not find a cage for him immediately. I, personally, would have mistaken him for an exotic, raving animal.

Awww. How cute. :O

Hint: The answer rhymes with "Dot Gary" and is "Not Very".
In this next shot, I was quite eager to get in the frame.

Nathan is not very happy with my pose in this particular photo, for some reason. He was quite upset with my choice, saying "Oh, THAT'S going to be the picture? You LAUGHING at me?"
Revenge is a bitter, terrible thing. Can't we all just get along? =(
Nathan's love of Yogi Bear and his NOT being bewildered or embarassed is not apparent in this photo. But it's there. Seriously.
We're cool.
Nathan left about a week and a half ago, and I have yet to blog at all about the trip. This is a travesty of unparalleled proportions. I apologize to all those who have suffered dissapointment at my lack up a substantial update when something quite substantial was actually occurring.
Nathan was here! Great times were had! And I'm going to blog about them right now, with the kind of hazy memory that a week and a half brings.
Nathan arrived well before my school let the students out. As such, as I left the school building to get picked up, I found an already mentally and emotionally scarred shell of the Nathan I used to know. "It wasn't really THAT bad, Josh", a Natan wrought with desperate denial replied as I inquired about his state of being.
It just got worse as time went on. He spent hours STARING at glowing boxes, inert except for intended-to-be-witty quips, trying to cope with his situation using humor. It didn't work. Every night, he would slip into an unconscious state, sometimes for hours. Equally long were the periods during which he experienced loss of apetite, usually right after lunch. In short, it was traumatic for all of us. He would shoot off nonsense, like "This isn't so bad" and "I'm having fun" the whole time. He just couldn't deal.
What? You want PICTURES of this man's decline into insanity? I suppose you fancy yourself a sadist. Alright. They're pretty much all from the Aquarium and the zoo, the latter of which I am shocked to find did not find a cage for him immediately. I, personally, would have mistaken him for an exotic, raving animal.

Awww. How cute. :O

Hint: The answer rhymes with "Dot Gary" and is "Not Very".
In this next shot, I was quite eager to get in the frame.

Nathan is not very happy with my pose in this particular photo, for some reason. He was quite upset with my choice, saying "Oh, THAT'S going to be the picture? You LAUGHING at me?"
Revenge is a bitter, terrible thing. Can't we all just get along? =(
Nathan's love of Yogi Bear and his NOT being bewildered or embarassed is not apparent in this photo. But it's there. Seriously.

We're cool.
0 Responses to “I really, really should have done this earlier.â€
Post a Comment